Data WareHousing and Business Intelligence
What is DataWarehousing?
In computing, a data warehouse (DW or DWH), also known as an enterprise data warehouse(EDW), is a system used for reporting and data analysis. DWs are central repositories of integrated data from one or more disparate sources.
About the course
This course is designed to impart participants with the various facets DataWarehousing. Learning the concepts like Facts and Schema are some of the highlights of this course. The areas this course would cover are:
- Data transformation
- Dimensional Modelling
- ETL Concepts
The above areas will be dealt with in depth analysis.
Objective of the course
The DataWarehousing course is prepared for the candidates who are ready to take a plunge in the field of Analytics. Under E-Learning Lines, the participant will get to know the intricacies of Data Integration and Cloud. The main objectives of the course are:
- Concept and need of Data warehouse
- Implement concepts of dimension and fact table
- Implement data modelling
- Normalization and schema concepts
- Model a Data warehouse
- Implement ETL Procedure
Advantage of the course
Any course or training undertaken in E Learning Line comes with its inherent innovative training methodologies. At E Learning Line the tutors strive to make professionals out of participants. The advantages of the course whether it is learning benefits or career benefits are immense:
- The course is totally industry ready and with ample projects and workshops
- It provides important tools to build a bridge between industry philosophies and creativity
- The course helps to gain immense knowledge and extensive skill on ETL concepts
- Provides extensive knowledge on how website designing can be more effective than before
- Participants will not only get certified but also inherit world class knowledge
E-learning line helps in achieving the expertise in the relevant field. Whether you are a beginner or a professional the DataWarehousing course with E-Learning Line will help you to build a strong Design platform by providing you with the following:
- Quizzes on DataWarehouse and its modules and other topics
- Project on Creation of Web intelligence report with auto scheduling
- Learn, work and gain immense practical knowledge under industry best practitioners
- Receive globally approved certification on DataWarehouse
- Ask for help anytime to our 24/7 support desk
E-Learning Line aims at focus oriented and practical aspects of each course so that each candidates get complete exposure to what they have learnt.
The pre-requisites for this course is to have basic understanding of Databases. This course is basically designed for the following group of people:
- BI /ETL Professionals
- Project Managers
- Testing Professionals
- Mainframe Professionals
- Analytics Professionals
- Software Developers and Architects
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Definition and explanation of the four terms - subject oriented, integrated, non volatile and time variant
- Need for a data warehouse
- Difference between a database and a data warehouse. OLTP and OLAP?
- Datamart - The smaller cousin of the data warehouse
- ODS - Operational Data Store - Definition and explanation of 4 terms - Subject oriented, Integrated, Current, Volatile, Detailed
- Benefits of ODS
- Design approach - Top down approach, bottom up approach, Federated
Lesson 2: Dimension and Fact
- Dimensions and facts
- Types of dimensions - emphasis on SCD 1,2,3 implementations
- Types of facts
- What are hierarchies - Types of Hierarchies
Lesson 3: Normalization and Schemas
- Schemas – And their types - Star, Snowflake, Galaxy
- Significant role of meta data
Lesson 4: Modelling
- Requirement gathering
- Principles of dimensional modelling
- Modelling - ER diagrams
Lesson 5: ETL
- ETL Concept - Architectural components - like Source, Staging, Atomic, Dimension
- Transformation - Data Validation, Data Accuracy, Data Type Conversion, Business Rule Application
- Data Loading
Lesson 6: Case Study
Lesson 7: Projects and Workshop
- Implementing a data warehouse Project
- Discuss a project, its problem statement, probable solutions and implement one solution.
Becoming a Certified Professional:
To become a Certified Business Intelligence Professional or CBIP one needs to clear all the required Exams under TDWI. Candidates can take the exams as per their convenience. Before taking the exams attendees need to follow few steps such as registering, selecting the time and date of the exam, submitting the fees and such. Once candidates fulfil all the required eligibilities, candidates can take up the exam and earn the Certificate.
For premium members of TDWI the fee is $325 and for the free members of TDWI the fee is $350. Also one can take remotely proctored Exam which will cost $400 and webcam facility along with good quality audio capability.
The CBIP is valid for 4 years. After that one needs to apply for recertification in every 3 years. For recertification yearly $125 must be paid and also 120 hours of education is needed before applying for recertification.
Certification from E-Learning Line:
E-Learning Line also provides “course completion certificate” and gradation after completion the course. To receive the ‘course completion certification’ and gradation from e-Learning Line, one must
- Finish the classroom sessions
- Submit the quiz sets
- Submit after successfully reviewing the projects
Vinu Parakkal Menon
I am currently in charge of a large team dealing in Data Integration and Cloud Computing. With this course at E learning Lines I am now a Data Warehousing expert too. I am very thankful to them for the course.
My project was on Data Integration and thanks to my tutors I completed it with flying colours. Awesome experience with my tutors. He is a fun to work with, very friendly and too much patient with me. I have completed the project and also got to know a lot of things about Data Integration and its applications.
Ravi Dhirendra Mistry
The course material is brilliant and the online support simply excellent. I am now ready to switch roles from a software developer to an ETL expert. Thank you E Learning Line for this service. I have heard about e-Learning Line form a friend of mine and now I will also recommend it to others. Excellent experience.
The courses made me aware of the detailed complexities I might face while dealing with huge data. The project was fantastic and very relevant to practical life. Thanks to my instructors that I have successfully completed all my project and quizzes. Now I can call myself a pro data warehousing person. I am truly happy with e-Learning Line.
I am an ETL specialist and Data Warehousing is a part of my work. I wanted to learn about data warehousing for a long time and finally E Learning Line gave me the confidence to delve more into this field. I completed the course successfully and clear the exams from TDWI. Thanks e-Learning Line for this immense support.